Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Did I drink too much? Am I losing touch?

Maintaining. That is the struggle. It's not like I dn't have a million things to do. But where is my desire? My fulfillment? Part of his malaise is due to the end of the semester, to be sure. But it also may be the impending high school graudation of my daughter. Who am I, what is my purpose, and what comes next? 

Distance: 3.65 miles
Duration: 35:45
Pace: 9:47
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 46°
Climate: sunny & cool
Mood: good
Weight: 187.5 lbs. (-0-)

The wife has been out of town for a few nights. I have been drinking too much. It's not because she is out of town, I'd be doing that, anyway. It's end-of-semester malaise, I know. But something else. One of the birds is soon leaving the nest. And what have I done? Where have I been? And where am I going?

At the very least, these questions generally keep me on the road. 

2015 Playlist
Ship To Wreck - Florence + The Machine
The Ghost of Beverly Hills - Death Cab for Cutie
Hurache Lights - Hot Chip
American Money - BØRNS
The Shade - Metric
Wait For It - Leslie Odom Jr. & the Company of "Hamilton"
Leave a Trace - CHYRCHES
Cream On Chrome - Ratatat
i - Kendrink Lamar

No comments: