Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Taking care of business.

Can run? Must run. 

Saw the doctor yesterday and he saw me. It would appear I am in good health. It would also appear, from all the bather I gave him, that I may need to resume talk therapy. Most of my fear of death (as I see it, this is not a diagonsis) is mental not physical. I am not at risk for a heart attack.

Having said that, I need more "good" cholesterol, and less "bad" cholesterol. If I could eat that soup my wife made last night, or the salad the night before, on a more regular basis, I would be in excellent health. She is amazing.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 31:39
Pace: 10:12
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 73°
Climate: sunny & warm
Mood: determined
Weight: 188 lbs. (-1.5)

We will record our intake. The wife suggests an app she's using to record her intake. Says it gives her a clear picture of her diet. Me, I am concerned that might make me depressed - that it won't matter that I know what is in my diet, I will keep eating it.

I'll post it here. Make it public. Because shame works.

Intake:
Breakfast: coffee w/cream (2x)
Lunch: green soup w/soda bread & butter
Snack: apple, banana
Dinner: Noodle salad w/fried tofu
Also, fizzy water (3x) & one beer

I fasted all day so that I would have clean labs. And it wasn't a problem. I can do that, not eat, when necessary. I don't need to fast, necessarily ... though after the weekend's binge it didn't hurt. 

1974 Playlist
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
TSOP (The Sound of Philadelphia) - MFSB ft. the Three Degrees
Lady Marmalade - LaBelle
Boogie Down - Eddie Kendricks
Waterloo - ABBA
Hooked on a Feeling - Blue Swede
Takin' Care of Business - Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Living For the City - Stevie Wonder
Come and Get Your Love - Redbone

My pace will be slower when I am running every day, and when it is hot. And that's all right. Better to run slower every day than fast once a week.

The playlist makes a difference, too. The 70s can be slower paced. Groovy, but slower paced. As I am creating Sotify playlists, I am choosing not to include some tunes I used to because they just aren't fast enough to inspire.

No comments: