Sunday, August 27, 2006

Try and escape the daylight

Distance: 3 miles
Duration: roughly 28 minutes
Weight: 168 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Sports drink: yes
Snack: before, no - after, yogurt
Time: "6 ... A ... M" (actually, around 6.15)
Weather: balmy with light rain

I Put My Big-Boy Pants On (145 BPM) - dj steveboy
"Wanna make sumfin of it?"

The Good Things
Using U.S. Track & Field's America's Running Routes program, I discovered that what I normally thought was a three-mile run around my block was, in fact, closer to four. So I programmed a real three-mile run, which will help me out on subsequent Sundays.

For a day-after- a-long-one morning, today was very good, except for a few items which I will detail in a moment. But the body was good. The legs, were good, so good, in fact, that I ran without any bandages for the first time in months.

This is how supported I have been: right knee brace, left ankle brace and left shin brace. I wore none of them today, and had not a single complaint. I am sure I will need to go back to some or all of them in the coming days and weeks, but the idea of healing is very encouraging to me.

The Bad Things
Just because you go to two birthday parties doesn't entitled you to two pieces of cake. Unless they are both celebrating your birthday.

Alcohol dehydrates you. And makes you drunk. Sometimes you have a headache the next day, the way I have now.

Also, eating lots of food the day before (it was a long, long day yesterday - and I was in bed by ten) might make you think, the next morning, that you don't need a pre-run snack. I felt like I was an empty shell the last miles, seriously running on fumes. That's bad, anorexics do that.

So. That's a lot of babble for a three mile run. It's a big week this week, lots of early runs and late nights. Actually, that's the schedule for the next five weeks. Pray for me.

No comments: