Sunday, August 20, 2006

Interlude

Today is the only Sunday in the 18-week ING Marathon First Time Marathoner Training Schedule that is set down as a day-off. I do not know whether this is fortutitous or ominous. It's not even half-way through the schedule, and 15 miles seems an arbitrary number after which to schedule an additional day off. But it's the first time I have seriously needed one.

My fear is that it will not be the last time. Yesterday was hard, and I cannot tell yet if it was simply because of intestinal distress or simply my body saying I can't do this. I have gotten good at stopping for a moment (readjust a strap, stop for traffic) and just heading off again. But there was so much stopping and starting yesterday, by the time I was doing ym last mile, I just felt like I couldn't go on - let along run another eleven miles.

My schedule is just so tight right now. I feel seriously up against it. I don't know if I can do this.

UPDATE: Then again, I finished up running ...

No comments: