Thursday, September 28, 2006

I am the rain

Distance: 4 miles
Weight: 165.5 lbs.
Stretches: sort of
Drink: yes
Snack: banana
Time: 6.30am
Weather: rain

Rainy Day Run (145 BPM) - dj steveboy

Took a day off yesterday - down after midnight, up at 5:30? Not right now, thank you. The hip still troubles the old man, 20 miles on Saturday? Okay, I give in, which is, I guess, the attitutde I have been working for.

Two more days and I can sleep nights. A steady diet of wretched fast food and soda is slowly doing me in.

I need a proper running hat. On good days I just wear a hanky on my head, and I have good hats for the winter, but not for rain. If I wear a baseball hat, well, that serves to kind of ruin that hat for other purposes, and they fall apart after multiple washings. I need a hat to keep the rain off my glasses, and my head largely dry. They have commemorative Training 2006 NYC Marathon caps, but I am balking at anything that advertises my intent on my person while I run. Maybe I should get over that. Sweet looking hat.

No comments: