Saturday, September 23, 2006

Straight Outta Lyndhurst

Week-end total: 23 miles

Distance: 12 miles
Weight: 164 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Snack: Balance Bar Gold
Time: 6.10am
Weather: 61° humid & wet

Soleburner (165 BPM) - dj steveboy
"You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss your shoes goodbye. After 25 minutes you'll be on rails. “Let me off!” you'll yell. “NO!” the mix will reply. It's for your own good."

That Gets My Heart (131 BPM) - dj steveboy

That felt good. The run feels good, the days that follow don't. My left hip still bothers me - but not while I am running. My shins can whine in pain during the day, but not, lately, while I am running.

A different route today. I believe much of my difficulty on the long runs are psychological. I get halway and feel like I have accomplsihed something ... and then I have to get home. Then there's the downhill/uphill thing. This time I went east, straight down Monticello/Wilson Mills to I-271 and back. Uphill - mostly - out, and downhill back. Not bad. I think a second time would be boring.

No comments: