Monday, September 03, 2007

You've gone and got sick on my trainers.

This will be my kids memories of their grandparents; car trips to the hills, playing in the muck by Dow Lake, running around naked, tractor rides, a big bonfire to the moon and the countless visible stars.

Having said that, diet for the last two days have consisted of burgers, hot dogs and pizza, Cheetos, White Cheddar Cheez-Its and Wavy Lays, Cosmos, margaritas and beer.

Yesterday was hot, oppressive, and searingly bright. The night was cold ... and I learned that if I lay on my back, I'm fine. If I lie on my side, I get a headache. I lie on my back, it goes away. It went like this until I woke up for the final time - as usual - three minutes before my alarm went off.

Running the bike path along the Hocking is beautiful at sunrise. I need to ask my wife what the birds were. Shared my morning shower with a deer.

Distance: 6.75 miles
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Snack: Balance Gold
Time: 6.00 am
Duration 1 hour 4 minutes
Weather: cool, misty & humid

Outtake
"Run, Fat Boy, Run"

No comments: