Tuesday, September 11, 2007

No better time than right now

9/11/2007 I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies.

Wow. Wish I had a time on that, I just tore. And maybe I tore something, can't tell yet. Was planning on running tomorrow, as per my ritual, but the wife is trying very hard to establish her own exercise routine, and just signed up a the rec center. So it will be she getting up at 5 am.

I have been so wrung out lately ... which was part of the reason I just needed to get out. Bad day. Don't want to talk about it.

The girl insists on my reading to myself in her room while she tries to go to sleep. Usually I am just place-holding for Mom until the boy is down, and that irritates me. The girl fidgets and I don't get any real reading done.

Recently I have been looking over my running journal from the NY Marathon, and she wanted me to read that to her, out loud. I thought it would bore her, but instead she just had a million questions about all the strange words. Gear, splits, goo.

I got to the part where I whine about my father not inviting me to run with him and she asked why he never invited me to run with him, and I said he probably didn't think of it, and when I thought of asking him, I feared being a mile or so out and having to come back by myself.

She asked why he didn't think of asking me, and I said it's like how grandma gets down on the floor to play with her and brother, she never did that with us, because it didn't occur to her to do it. But she learned to.

"Did her mom and dad teach her to get on the floor and play with her grandchildren?" the girl asked, and I said no - your mom and dad taught her how to do that. Her mom and dad would rather be caught dead than get down on the floor to play with a child.

I didn't say that part, about being caught dead.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 166 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Snack: NutriGrain Bar
Time: 10.40 pm
Temperature: 62º
Weather: cool & breezy!

Playlist:
Love Rollercoaster - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Chains of Love - Erasure
Give It Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Holiday - Green Day
No Time This Time - The Police
Lonely Boy - Andrew Gold
Cooldown: Dust In The Wind - Gabriel & Dresden

Andrew Gold
"Lonely Boy"

No comments: