Monday, April 30, 2012

It tears you up and it eats you.

"Machines are very funky."

by Sasha Frere-Jones, The New Yorker
April 30, 2012

Distance: 3 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop

Time collapses. Less than three weeks until the Cleveland. We taper. Short runs this week followed by a "modest" fifteener on Saturday. The pain in my foot simply is, it hurst in my sleep. It is all right during the day. My weight has stabilized between 165 and 170. One show closed yesterday (that was troubling to me) and another begins, with auditions Saturday and again tonight.

Life at work is challenging, every day a new surprise. I breathe, I think, I write. But not that kind of writing, the creative kind, there were a torrent of good, emotional, powerful thoughts for three weeks and then pffft.  It was done, the creating part. And now I am too overwhelmed with other issues to be able to concentrate on anything new.

So, why? Why, when there are so many important things to concentrate on, at work, in art, at home, our life, do I run? How can I spend so much time running?

How can I not? It's cheaper than Lexapro.

Temperature: 53º
Climate: breezy
Weight: 170 lbs.
Snack: coffee
Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes

The Model Genius Playlist
New Path/Dangerous Power (Extended Mix) - Gabriel & Dresden
Feel It In My Bones Tiësto ft. Tegan & Sara
FML - Deadmau5
Destroy She Said (De Donatis Remix) - Circ

Cooldown:

The Silence (Original Mix) - Mike Koglin

No comments: