Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Let's all just pray right now.

We are falling apart, and by "we" I do not mean the royal we, I mean we runners. I have what I believe is a stress fracture, Karl thinks he may have the same thing (same place, other foot.) I read someone else's blog about how they are tapering early because of a thigh injury. I took last week off, totally ditched serious training, because of time and pain.

I need to see a doctor. I need new shoes. Did my previous new shoes hurt me, or was that going to happen anyway? No way to tell. I got some Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport replacement insoles for my last pair, the New Balance. We'll see how those fare.

Distance: 4 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop

Temperature: 48º
Climate:  cool & windy
Weight:  165 lbs.
Snack: none
Hydration? yes
Stretches? no


Two hours and two Advil later: I feel fine. My foot feels fine. It hurt while running.  It is a little sore. You know what bugs me? It hurts in my sleeps, that is when it hurts the most. That's when I first noticed it, over Easter weekend, in my sleep. And if I hold my foot the wrong way, lying down, it can be painful, like last night. My feet hurt at rest, but not, as they are right now, sitting up with my toes tucked under my chair.


Running my biggest concern is compensating for the pain I am feeling at that time by shifting weight to other parts of my leg, or the opposite foot. That is where I could really hurt myself badly, because that is exactly what has happened to me in the past.

New For 2012 Playlist
Revolution - Dr. John
El Convite (170 bpm) - Sistema Bomb
Black To White - Felix Caral ft. Miss Palmer
Kiss Me Again - We Are The In Crowd ft.Alex Gaskarth
Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera
Somebody That I Used To Know (Sweet Dreams) - Gotye ft. Kimbra vs. Beyonce
Watching You Watch Him (183 bpm) - Eric Hutchinson
Genesis (166 bpm)  - Grimes

UPDATE: See how the spacing looks all weird? That's the new Blogger WYSIWYG interface. I really, really hate it.

No comments: