Saturday, April 14, 2012

Superman or Green Lantern ain't got nothing on me.


Week 13 Total: 32
Training to Date: 353 miles

My left foot continues to pain. Scott M. is of the opinion that it's the shoes. I would be inclined to agree with him. However, I decided to take Thursday off -- very tired, many other items on the agenda. Friday morning the foot felt good ... until I put on the chukka boots for the first time in several days. Walking to work, this band of pain began again earnest.

See the record player? What the heck is a record player?

Distance: 21 miles
Duration: 3 hours, 5 minutes
Route: To Rock Hall and Back

2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony ... TONIGHT! Wanted to check it out.

Band-aids: check - Do not use Walgreen's Waterproof Bandages again!
Lip balm: check
Bottle: check
Body glide: check

Something's happenin' here ...

Questioned whether or not to take a jacket. 50º? No. 49º? Damn. I regretted it heading through MLK, because I was warm and thought it would get warmer. On the Shoreway, however, I was grateful for it. Especially after making a pit-stop at East 72nd Street (last cleaned Tuesday, keep up the good work!) allowing my sweat to cool.

Temperature: 49º - 55º
Climate: cool & overcast. nice.
Weight: 163 lbs.
Pre-Snack: banana
Road-Snack: GU 2x (Mandarin Orange & Vanilla Bean)
Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes

A few weeks back I mentioned how nice it was to get off the high-bpm playlists and just have a relaxing run. Well, I've had too many of those. The fact is, and I don't believe I have reported this yet, but I want to BREAK FOUR HOURS.

Not sure I can do that. Last time was 4:15 and change. And I was hurting. But I had not trained with more than one twenty under my belt, I've just done two, and will complete a third. I think. But the last five miles were difficult. However ... I'd only have to do five more! Could I, in my present state, run 5.2 miles in fifty-five minutes?

Mmmmmmmaybe. Of course, my time today was thrown by the conversation I had with the guy in the FOX 8 truck by the Rock Hall.

Podrunner ft. Rock Hall Inductees:
Jimmy James - Beastie Boys
Pound for Pound (168 bpm)
Breaking The Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers (179 bpm)
Cartographer (160 bpm)
Sabotage - Beastie Boys (168 bpm)
Electric Beach (164 bpm)

Cooldown:
Give It Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers

I should mention that my feet are falling apart. I mean, they just hurt. And - surprise! A blood blister. Dammit! I had no idea that was going on, my socks felt fine. So here we are, we have entered the attrition phase of training. Building stamina, strength and timing before the wheels come off this 43 year-old body.

FOX 8 guy said this is Springsteen's stogie.
I think he was messing with me.

No comments: