Tuesday, April 10, 2012

You spend time running from depravity.


Lately, life makes me forget about running. It's supposed to be the other way round.

Certain days I suddenly think, well, you are losing interest. Nice try. And I have to work so hard to convince myself, "What the hell is wrong with you, your training is entirely on schedule!"

Except for the junk food. Lotta junk food the last week. That's gotta stop. Holiday's over, pal. No more candy, no more chips. More fruits and vegetables. No more alcohol before bed, it's time for tea, and water, water, water.

Distance: 6 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop

See, this is what I'm talking about. I set out, and immediately thought, oh, don't run six. Five will be fine. Or even three for that matter. I was supposed to run six on Sunday, but only had time for four (had, had, had to get to the bar) so that would be bad, only running four. Or three.

I ran six. And it felt really good! Damn.

Temperature: 39º
Climate: wet pavement, then light rain, cool but not unpleasant (until the light rain started)
Weight: 168 lbs.
Snack: no
Hydration? yes
Stretches? no

Blue Genius Playlist
Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
So Light Is Her Footfall (158 bpm) - AIR
Cold War (160 bpm) - Janelle Monáe
The Girls - Calvin Harris
76, OCean Drive (Apache Vocal Mix) - Nicola Fasano V...
Hunter - Portishead
Worst Day (171 bpm) - Calvin Harris
Wandering Star (160 bpm) - Portishead
Sing Sang Sung - AIR
My Love Sees You - Beni
Radio #1 - AIR
Let Go - Gabriel & Dresden

No comments: