Monday, April 16, 2012

A key in the door. A step on the floor.

Daddy Runs Fast
Top Search Keywords

ridiculously photogenic gu (5)
ridiculously photogenic guy (5)
outrageous photogenic guy (3)
outrageously photogenic guy (2)
daddyrunsfast.blogspot.com (2)
jelly poking demonstration (1)
Running, like walking, is an act of controlled falling. My movement coach told me that at school. As bipeds, humans intentionally throw themselves off their balance, safe in the knowledge that they will swing the other leg out to catch their fall. However, when this process is sped up, as with running, you want to be sure you know where you are going to land.

On my return journey Saturday, running on the sidewalk across the highway from Gordon Park, I had a bit of an accident. I stepped on a crack, an uneven coming together of two sections of sidewalk, causing overextension at the ball of my foot.

The pain was immediate, and I felt a contraction in the ball of my foot. I thought, "oh, damn." But I kept going, and it was not a problem, the pain subsided, and I finished in good time. The rest of the day went by all right, sore in all the usual places, but that went down. Even performed a ninety-minute play.

Sunday morning, I woke to find both my feet felt like tender, puffy sacks of shit. And the ball of my foot, where I'd hit it, felt bruised, or pulled, or something. Hmn. A little worried about that. The wife ran me a in nice epsom salt footbath yesterday morning, and she had suggested soaking it in a tincture of Arnica. Today it feels all right.

Distance: 4 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop

Temperature: 72º
Climate: balmy
Weight: 167 lbs.
Snack: banana
Hydration? not enough - humidity will kill you
Stretches? yes

150-154 BPM Playlist
Concealed Weapons [12" Version] - J. Geils Band
Shoe Box - Barenaked Ladies
Just Like Heaven - The Cure
Dance This Mess Around - The B-52's
Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
Outer Bongolia - Stereolab
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Radio Free Europe - R.E.M.

Slow morning.


"It All Starts With A Dream"
Stephanie Danelson
Ohio University Art 114 Stop Motion Project


(Thanks, Con.)

No comments: