Thursday, June 23, 2016

Gonna get home fast.

The 5K, Not The Marathon, Is The Ideal Race
By Christie Aschwanden, FiveThirtyEight
June 14, 2016

But, but ... I run a 5K every time I run.

Bay Village 5 Mile Run on Independence Day. Sometimes I run that, last year I was in Topsail.

My father ran that race often, and so I am inspired to hit it again this year. It's not my favorite run, longer than a 5K is less a "fun run" and more like a real race. The course is flat and boring. Bay Village architecture is boring, just handsome, little houses all in a row. Quite often it is hot and very hot.

But, you know. Dad.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Avg Pace: 7:11
Duration: 21:58
Route: Forest Hill Loop

Temperature: 72°
Climate: hot & overcast
Weight: 165.5 lbs.
Mood: good!

Big, fast, sweaty run. Astonished to see I really didn't gain any additional weight at the conference. I don't think I ate so many french fries in my life.

I miss the mountains. I am glad to be home.

88 Lines About 44 Women Playlist
Weird Science - Oingo Boingo
Peek-A-Boo - Siouxsie & The Banshees
Jukebox (Don't Put Another Dime) - The Flirts
Space Age Love Song - A Flock of Seagulls
WIld Sex (In The Working Class) - Oingo Boingo
Go * - Tones On Tail

No comments: