Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Valdez: Day Four (Just can't stop.)

Best laid plans. The problem is sleep, right? Too jazzed to get to bed, but my internal clock tells me it's five a.m. at one. Last night I took a prophylactic Ibuprofen and a Calms Forté and bedded down just a little after midnight. Set an alarm for 6:30 a.m.

Someone else set had set an alarm for six, and either they are dead or they didn't come home last night. So, anyway, I got up at six. It was a pretty solid, uninterrupted night of sleep. Hoorah!

Distance: 3.15 miles
Avg Pace: 7:45
Duration: 24:26
Route: Port Valdez Loop

No run yesterday, instead I attended yoga, which I would have done again today except it conflicts with a rehearsal for another playwright's work. It was very therapeutic and I enjoyed it a great deal, I hope attend again on Thursday (no yoga scheduled for tomorrow.)

If you want more detailed info on my days, go here. It is crazy to think that the very first time I brought a running kit with me so that I could run on a journey was not until the New York Fringe in 2004. Prior to that I would be in a strange place, sleeping in a strange bed, keeping odd hours with no opportunity to exercise or just experience whatever unique location as a runner.

I had even considered leaving my kit behind for this trip, can you imagine? I was apprehensive about where I might run, what dangers there might be. Can't imagine how disappointed I would feel right now.

Temperature: 48°
Climate: cool and bright!
Mood: good

First real sweat of the week! Clear blue sky, big green mountains. Yes, saw a Bald Eagle at Ruth Pond, acting like just another bird.

Price Tag Playlist
Came Back Haunted - Nine Inch Nails
Four Horsemen - The Clash
Life Is White - Big Star
No Anthems - Sleater-Kinney
That's Not Me - The Beach Boys
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter - Nirvana
Personality Crisis - New York Dolls

Yes, I listened to music. I really missed it. No regrets.

No comments: