Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Shuffling days and lonesome nights.

This is happening (not here.)
Getting to sleep before midnight is impossible, you'd think I were still in Alaska. Even last week, it never happened. Keeping busy, to be sure. I am happy to be accomplishing housework, staining the deck, moving out garbage, sorting donations.

Then there are the rehearsals, which start and end early. I just can't rest my mind. I woke in the middle of the night in a sweat, the house was too hot. I'd hoped to get up at 5:30 but re-set the alarm, I need some rest, some time.

But I also need to run. It's in the mid-60s. Time to take care of this now.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop

Beautiful day in the park. Lively run. The goslings are all grown up. The creek smells pretty rank.

Wasn't sure how well it would go when I started but I picked up pace early and never let up. Touch of a headache, hoping that will go. Didn't eat anything first, I am sure that had something to do with my feeling logy when I began.

Seriously. It's not even 7:30. The Bay Five-Mile starts at 8:30, on July 4th. Why do they do that?

Temperature: 66°
Climate: hot and clear
Weight: 164.5 lbs.
Mood: not bad

Keeping it below 165. I made a deal with myself not to buy any food outside of the house while the wife is away. There is far too much good stuff here in the fridge and the cupboard not to pack lunch or to go out to eat or something.

Of course, this is also true when she is home.

Rock Me Amadeus Playlist
It's Alright (Baby's Coming Back) - Eurythmics
Major Tom (Coming Home) - Peter Schilling
Thursday's Child - David Bowie
Rage Hard - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
The Living Daylights - a-Ha
Der Kommisar - Falco

No comments: