Sunday, June 26, 2016

The best years of our lives.

The wife and I were married on this date, seventeen years ago. Today I am alone in my house, she on the road to Topsail Beach with the kids. These things happen.

I am directing an abridged production of Twelfth Night to be performed at the Cleveland Public Library in celebration of Shakespeare's First Folio. So, it was either go to Alaska or take our annual trip to North Carolina. These things happen.

When these conflicts are work related, they seem almost worth it. The very first trip the family took to North Carolina was in 2010, I missed that, too. It was our first year of Camp Theater. I thought I'd missed out on something I'd never have the chance to see, but it's turned into an annual celebration with my in-laws, so it doesn't sting so much.

And our production of Twelfth Night (As Told By Malvolio) is going to be very good. We previewed it for a private audience at the library on Friday night, where it went over very well.

Distance: 3 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 81°
Climate: hot!
Weight: 164.5 lbs.
Mood: good

Yes, running in eighty degree weather can wear you down, but I do have plans to work inside and out, to tackle some projects -- or at least commence them -- projects which have waited patiently in my mental and literal to-do lists for such a day as today.

Also, I need to finally watch the Tonys.

Rock Me Amadeus Playlist
Rock Me Amadeus - Falco
Caravan of Love - The Housemartins
I Love You - Yello
Let Me Go - Heaven 17
Master and Servant (Slavery Whip Mix) - Depeche Mode

Warmdown
Sexcrime (Nineteen Eighty-Four) - Eurythmics

No comments: