Saturday, March 03, 2018

Call me a hero, I might just agree.

There comes a point in any diet where my craving for fatty or sugary foods becomes supplanted with my addict's reflex. When I finally quit smoking (seventeen years this June, thank you) my success was achieved when I finally moved past that tipping point from "I really want to smoke" to "if I smoke it will taste horrible, last for a brief period of time, it won't feel good and then I will have smoked a cigarette and I don't actually want to do that."

And then I don't. So I am in that place where, when I am hungry I think very hard about what I will have, long enough to choose something good, not something bad. Should I get a small bag of Doritos? No, because it will taste like processed grain, last two minutes, and then I will still be hungry.

Ditto and especially sugar. I know there are communal Thin Mints in a drawer in the conference room. So, what, I'm going to dig into that box, pull out a couple, put them in my mouth and munch on them? It only taste a moment to realize that won't actually make me happy at all.

This is not always the case. It is the case now. There was a birthday at work this week, there was cake and ice cream. I had a small slice and a single scoop. I ate it slowly Now that tasted good!

1991 Playlist
Gett Off (Purple Pump Mix) - Prince & The NPG
Until the End of the World - U2
Tall Trees - Crowded House
Everybody's Free (To Feel Good) - Rozalla

Distance: 2.25 miles
Route: Neighborhood Loop
Temperature: 30•
Climate: sunny
Pavement: patchy with icy snow
Mood: decent

Short run, because Chris and I are supposed to put in five tomorrow. That means I will not be employing a playlist. You know what? Who cares! This is my life.

Stretches: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 170 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs. Achievement Unlocked

Last year on March 6, I weighed 162.5 lbs. That was as light as I got before I started gaining weigh again. By mid-April, I stopped recording my weight. I was aware something was wrong in my leg, I was slowing down my running, I gave up, and I was ashamed and disheartened to be gaining weight back so soon.

I want to do better. I want to be better. I want to eat well, and stay healthy. I want to be 160 pounds, and to stay there.

No comments: