Saturday, March 31, 2018

Half Marathon Training Week Five

(Photo: Chuck Crow, The Plain Dealer)
A week ago, Saturday, my daughter participated in the March For Our Lives in downtown Cleveland. The guy from cleveland.com caught this photo to the left, it's featured in an online slideshow.

Full-voiced, unafraid. I could not be more proud.

Distance: 6 miles
Duration: 59:29
Route: Lakeview Cemetery Loop
Temperature: 50°
Climate: cool, breezy & overcats
Pavement: dry
Mood: all right

My wife returned Thursday night. Parenting alone, getting out this past week has been impossible. But also, the hunger. Trying to eat at regular intervals, and in appropriate amounts. I've hit a consumption wall. Hungry and tired, and therefore unhappy and listless.

Of course, I am also going through post-show depression, so that's a thing. And the weather. And the wife out of town, and uuuhhhh ...

Stretches: yes

We were going to run four, but we ran six. Chris led me through the route he likes to take through the cemetery, which was pretty cool. The military plot (I did not know there is a military plot) is far down at the end of a cul-de-sac. We walked through the stones.

Also, got to show him the final resting place of Plain Dealer theater critic William F. McDermott.

Tomorrow we may run another six. I have catching up to do.

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 167 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.

Still. Fifteen runs in March. How did that happen?

No comments: