Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Law man has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home.

The first day of spring, and I am on my own. The children are here, of course. But the wife, her sister and mother are flying to Paris. They should be there by now, except the transportation gods thought they needed a little more time in Airportland, to be guided through different cities, and to get to know each other better over warmed-over mall food before being distracted by the City of Lights.

She left yesterday morning before lunch. They should get there by this evening.

March 20th is, of course, the vernal equinox. It is also Calvin's Day. But the children will go to school, I will go to work. Visiting the zoo, the aquarium, his grave, these things will have to wait until we are re-united. And that is all right. Waiting is also a thing I can do.

1979 Playlist
Renegade - Styx
Let's Go - The Cars
Disorder - Joy Division
Got the Time - Joe Jackson
Got To Be Real - Cheryl Lynn
Ring My Bell - Anita Ward

Distance: 2.35 miles
Route: Newbury Loop
Temperature: 28°
Climate: cold & cloudy
Pavement: dry
Mood: hungry

Stretches: yes!

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 169.5 lbs. (+2.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.

Needed to get a prop - a yearbook - across town last night. There will be staged performances of my new play The Way I Danced With You at Blank Canvas Theatre this weekend. I encouraged the boy to come with me by promising dinner at Happy Dog. Not a light supper, but highly satisfying.

No comments: