Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Cain Park Cross-Training

Lyle Lovett is coming!!
Oof. Hard to rise. Up far too late last night, performing necessary house repair, fixing a screen door, which took much more time than I had imagined. Woke sick to my stomach and sweaty.

Chose to podcast today, the Bowery Boys were covering "Secrets of Upper Manhattan" which is cool because the girl and I will be in New York in ten days and I am seeking inspiration. For the moment, we eschew beats.

Distance: 5.25 miles
Duration: 46:57
Pace: 8:56
Route: Cain Park Hills
Temperature: 73°
Climate: overcast & muggy
Mood: all right, considering
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Snack: banana

Gods, I feel alive! It was a heavy run out to the corner of Taylor & Superior, but not unrewarding. Chris and I ran down and up the hills at Cain Park eight times, which made for about two miles. My running there and back was another three.

Tomorrow I plan to hit the gym and do upper body work, no running. On Independence Day - we race!

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 164.5 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

No comments: