Tuesday, July 23, 2019

I just want to run away with you.

Dudes on the porch in the rain.
My wife, daughter and MIL were supposed to be in the Cove last evening, should have arrived at dinner. Instead they spent the night in a hotel in Queens, after having spent hours on the ground waiting to fly. If all goes well, they will be with us this evening. If not, we all fall into despair.

My wife and I have spent only eight nights together this month, and I miss her.

Distance: 3.8 miles
Duration: 31:27
Pace: 8:16
Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 61
Climate: light rain
Mood: anxious
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

It rained yesterday afternoon and all last night. It's raining now. It's a light rain, lovely to run in. It has also brought the temperature way down.

Listened to the Spotify Morning Run 150-165 BPM Playlist, where I heard the song The Man by Ed Sheeran. God, I thought I hated him enough, what a toxic piece of shit. "I'll make your little secret public." Jesus.

Great playlist, though. With all the little hills on Martin Point Road and the variety of tempos, I was able to get a bit of our sprints in this morning.

What's That Lyric?
Run Away With You - Big & Rich

No comments: