Thursday, July 04, 2019

2019 Bay Days 5 Mile Run

Three years ago I said I would never run the Bay Village 5 Mile again. And yet, here we are.

We're in training, and looking for some races, so why not? I was tired of running a community race alone, but this time I brought some folks with me; Chris, Allie ... the girl was going to join us, but she pulled something during soccer conditioning yesterday, her coach told her not to work on it for the time being.

But she did some to cheer us on -- and so did Chennelle! They were waiting for us around mile four.

Allie ran her own race, but Chris and I stuck together. It was hot, from mid to upper seventies by the time we were through. There were a couple of walking stretches but we made it home feeling good.

After we all had breakfast at Bob Evans, which will remain the go-to post-Bay run breakfast spot until someone can tell me where I'm supposed to be going in that part of town, because I can't be bothered to find out.

45th Annual Bay Days Run
Start: 8:30 am
Official time: 48:34.47
Place in division: 13
Place overall: 205
Pace: 09:43

Previous Best: 36:16 (Bay Village 2013)

For the record, I did not go to the gym yesterday. I slept almost eight hours that night, and good for me. But I rose and though, yeah, I could use more of that, so I did. Besides, the girl needed to car to go to conditioning and I figured, why fight it? So I slept.

And good for me.

No comments: