Saturday, July 20, 2019

Gonna make me run.

The boy and I will be in transit tomorrow, so the plan was for Chris and I to take our seven mile his morning. I was up early to help the women move onto a soccer tournament, and just as well as we are stuck in a heatwave.

Should be in the nineties by this afternoon, but that's cool because the 90s are having a comeback.

Week Six Total: 20.35 miles
Total To Date: 128.75

Disastrous and ideal! It was raining lightly when I departed, but hey. Commitments. Shortly after we met up at the Rec Center and headed into the park (two circuits, and home) the skies opened with rain and thunder.

I was anxious about winds, but they didn't get too strong. Trees fall all the time in this park, and of course there was the potential for lightning. And we were drenched. The upside, of course, was that the temperature went down.

I had been anxious about this run all day yesterday

Distance: 7.2
Duration: 1:08:47
Pace: 9:32
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 80°→74°
Climate: downpour!
Mood: all right
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
snack: banana

The Eagle Has Landed Playlist
Hush - Deep Purple
Love Child - The Supremes
Glass Onion - The Beatles
We're Not Gonna Take It - The Who
The Letter - The Nirvana Sitar & String Group
Baby Please Don't Go - Them
White Light/White Heat - The Velvet Underground
Don't Be Cruel (Live) - Elvis Presley
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
Suzanne - Leonard Cohen

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 163 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

Can I go on vacation and not gain weight? Let's find out.

No comments: