Thursday, July 25, 2019

Take one last lap around.

Yesterday I believe I destroyed my diet. Maybe, not sure. I have a policy of eating whatever is handed to me, out of politeness and a general desire to enjoy life. A piece of cake? Sure, thank you. Ice cream? How could I say no.

But seconds on ice cream? No, that is unnecessary. Another bag of Doritos for the house? Just thinking of others, sure.

It was my niece's birthday yesterday, she who is two days shy of forty years younger than I am. My birthday is tomorrow!

Distance: 6 miles
Duration: 51:24
Pace: 8:31
Route: Rte 220 Out-and-Back
Temperature: 66
Climate: bright skies, beautiful
Mood: all right
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Gorgeous day. Why do people say gorgeous day out? Regardless, that it is.

Running Martin Point is not quite perilous, it's not a through road so traffic is light, rarely are you caught with cars passing each other. It happens. Not very often, though.

Out on Route 220, however. You really have to be a careful runner. Traffic going both ways, very often trucks. Some stretches have no berm, where there's railing no way to escape oncoming traffic at all.

Keep your head up. Keep your eyes forward. Take out your earplugs. Be vigilant.

What's That Lyric?
Kick the Dust Up - Luke Bryan

No comments: