Tuesday, March 06, 2007

And I'll need a kiss for my head that's achin'

Distance: 3.25 miles
Time: 9.10 am
Stretches: yes
Sit-ups: yes
Drink: Gatorade All Stars
Weight: 167.5 lbs.
Weather: 12º frigid - and sunny!

1996 Playlist
The New Pollution - Beck
Magic Carpet Ride - Mighty Dub Catz
Collapse* - Soul Coughing
Broken English - Queue Up
To You I Bestow - Mundy
Love Rollercoaster - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Bazamba - Sister Soleil
Cooldown: Before Today - Everything But the Girl

"Did you ever write a letter and you never sent it? "

Here's my semi-sporadic physical self-assessment:

HEAD
No migraines for over a month. No real headaches, either. Taking Tylenol 8-Hour every other day for two weeks might have had something to do with it, but that doesn't explain everything. Even this morning, I woke with a dull ache (hard alcohol, good - last night's red wine, bad) and made it go away with 800 mgs of ibuprofen. Oh, and a thirty minute run.

TONGUE
I lost sensation on half my tongue when I had my left, bottom wisdom tooth removed. That was in December. It's March. Sensitivity has largely returned, but my taste buds are still not what they used to be. Food is not as much fun as before.

THIGHS
What happened to my Meralgia Paresthetica? It's (almost) like I never had it. There is still a sensation of pain when I press down on the tendon connectiors at my right kneee ... so I don't do that.

SHINS
Hip-hop hooray, if they were (almost) entirely pain-free today! I mean, nothing. What damaged shins rob me of is any speed, I just can't move my legs when they are in pain, there's no pick-up what so ever. Today I was making very good speed. I may well be ready for a race in three weeks' time. I wore braces on my left ankle and knee, which helped a great deal, but otherwise my legs feel great.

It is a couple hours after. I have been through a physical rehearsal, and I'll be damned if I am not jonesing to hit the road again.

DIET
It all has to do with money and preparation. Rehearsal periods afford for odd mealtimes, so I have been packing a number of snacks. And when they come from home they are of the fruit, granola or nutrition bar variety. When I forget to pack anything the snacks are of the Doritos, peanut M&M variety. So planning ahead is key, and so is consuming leftovers rather than fast food. I haven't had any fast food in several weeks, which is rare for me, nor have I gotten any of the fried stuff so available at the restaurants around the office.

But tonight is pizza night. Yay, pizza night!

1 comment:

The Patient Connection said...

Meralgia Paresthetica (Burning Thigh Pain) - a new research blog

Hi

After looking at your comments I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to a research blog (again) on Meralgia Paresthetica.

We are very interested in you thought so it would be great if you could have look at the blog

To have a look ( and to tell us what you think) please click this link

http://www.thepatientconnections.com/blog.asp?bid=&uid=54

The blog is anonymous and easy to use. Instructions are given on the blog so thanks in advance for your help it is much appreciated.


Best wishes

Belinda
The Patient Connection
Belinda.shale@thepatientconnections.com