Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cue fanfare.


Did it. I am registered to run the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon on Sunday, May 20, 2012.

Distance: 4 miles
Route: To Parkside Blvd. and back.

Up a good part of the night, fretting. We began rehearsals last night, I need to set rules for myself and follow them. Come right home, drink tea, go to sleep. Falling asleep has been troubling the last two nights, and I woke several times thinking Time To Run. It was a relief when I finally looked at the clock and saw it was only 3 am.

Rounding the block and heading for home, I just realized how good I felt, for the first time in days. Or since my last run, anyhow. It didn't last long, but I am glad to know it is still possible to feel that way.

Really feeling the burn in my left shin. Simple exercise: Stand with your back to a wall, place both feet one foot-length from the wall. Lift your toes to the sky 10 times without lowering them completely to the ground. Three reps. This is how I have taken care of shin splints before.

Temperature: 34º
Climate: light, wet snow
Weight: 177.5 lbs.
Snack: banana
Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes

No run tomorrow. 6 miles on Saturday.

1984 Playlist
Fuck Art, Let's Dance - The Adults
This Charming Man - The Smiths
Perfect Skin - Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
Blue Light - David Gilmore
Romancing the Stone (12" version) - Eddy Grant
Birdmad Girl - The Cure
I Send a Message - INXS
Handsome Devil - The SMiths
Cue Fanfare - Prefab Sprout
The Glamorous Life (Club Edit) - Sheila E

Cooldown:
I Feel For You (Remix) - Chaka Khan

Nostalgia supplies.

No comments: