Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'm standing here on the ground.


Distance: 4 miles
Route: To Parkside Blvd. and back.

Exhausted all yesterday, got to bed reasonably early (shot for 9, hit 9.45 - damn you, sexy POTUS) with a non-alocoholic beverage as my nightcap. Still, woke at 5 AM thinking ... what? No. No, can't do this. Long day today, first night of rehearsals, reports due, must rest, have solid, clear concentration ... so, of course, my mind was spinning and there was no way I was going back to sleep.

So I got up. Tomorrow morning is the Friday of Running. If I can make tomorrow, then I get a day off. That's how we do this.

1983 Playlist
Let the Music Play (12" version) - Shannon
Holiday Road - Lindsey Buckingham
No More Lies - Neil SHon & Jan Hammer
(Let's All) Turn On - Hoodoo Gurus
Don't Change (164 bpm) - INXS
Gone Daddy Gone (160 bpm) - Violent Femmes
Walking In Your Footsteps - The Police
Leave It - Yes
I Love You - Yello
Major Tom (Coming Home) - Peter Schilling
What Difference Does it Make? - The Smiths

Cooldown:
The Invisible Man - Elvis Costello & The Attractions

Managed to run another morning in the windbreaker, when it dips below freezing again I will require something warmer. Took it easy this morning, I have been pushing it. Shins stinging, my left knee burning. It feels good to run. Sometimes it feels bad to stop.

Temperature: 33º
Climate: cold air, dry pavement.
Weight: 177.5 lbs.
Snack: no. just forgot.
Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes

No comments: