Saturday, January 21, 2012
Gotta move on.
First long run of training. Would have been entirely painless, except for all the damn snow.
1. Peering over the bridge at East Green and Green, watching a family of ducks float downstream in the icy creek. This is part of the joy.
2. People exiting the drive-thru at KFC alone are inevitably fat and unhappy looking.
3. Whoever it is plowing all of the sidewalks on north-side Mayfield Rd. in Cleveland Heights, I LOVE YOU.
4. All homeowners on the south-side of Monticello between Lee and Taylor who plow their DRIVEWAYS but neglect to shovel their SIDEWALKS should have their houses burned down and fucking die. And that's pretty much every single one of you (except that one guy with the shovel I said 'thanks' to. You are safe.)
5. My foot dropped into a snow-covered hole while headed up Monticello and I stumbled onto my hands and knees. I'm all right, though. Bruised my thumb. YOUR HOUSES.
Distance: 8 miles
Route: Monticello-Trebisky-Anderson-Mayfield-Lee Circle
Climate: Snow on the ground.
Weight: 179 lbs.
Lunch: CLIF bar
Family gave me bath stuff from LUSH for my birthday which has sat, forlorn, abandoned. Until today.
Generals and Majors - XTC
Turn It On Again - Genesis
Call Me - Blondie
The Other Way of Stopping (165 bpm) - The Police
Can You Feel It - The Jacksons
I'm Alright (163 bpm) - Kenny Loggins
Red Light - Linda Clifford
Same Old Scene - Roxy Music
Play For Today (164 bpm) - The Cure
Antmusic (162 bpm) - Adam and the Ants
You Make My Dreams Come True (166 bpm) - Hall & Oates
That's Entertainment - The Jam
Canary In A Coalmine - The Police
Do You Wanna Touch Me? - Joan Jett
Girl U Want (173 bpm) / Whip It (158 bpm) - Devo
Funkytown - Lipps Inc.
Driven To Tears (159 bpm) - The Police
Crosseyed and Painless/Once In A Lifetime - Talking Heads
All Over The World - Electric Light Orchestra
She's Lost Control - Joy Division
I haven't felt this way since Funky Town! - Homer Simpson