Sunday, January 29, 2012

My aching little soul has started burning blue.

Sorry, folks. It's just a Honda ad. Oh yeah.

Week 2 Total: 22 miles

Distance: 4 miles
Route: To Parkside Blvd. and back.

The wife and I went over calendars for the next several months. Busy, busy, busy. Travel, school, play, work, music, special events, social events, writing, creating, eat, breathing, living. No idea how I will fit all of these runs into my schedule, but you know? I don't care. I am enjoying this, I really am. Regardless of anything else I am (or am not) accomplishing, this is one thing I can successfully do, attempt, pursue, finish, every single day.

Except tomorrow, when Daddy takes his rest.

Temperature: 39º
Climate: mostly clear pavement, very windy
Weight: 178 lbs.
Snack: one slice, Hawaiian pizza
Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes

Big eating this weekend, pizza, spaghetti and meatballs, dining in restaurants -- birthday celebrations for a nine year-old girl. Really? Nine? Halfway to adulthood.

Okay. Depressed again.

1986 Playlist
Bread and Butter - Devo
Oh Yeah - Yello
The Boy In The Bubble - Paul Simon
Crazy Mixed-Up Kid - The Smithereens
Suburbia - Pet Shop Boys
Infected - The The
Rise (172 bpm) - Public Image Limited
The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades (158 bpm) - Timbuk 3
Word Up - Cameo
Seven Day Weekend (175 bpm) - Elvis Costllo & Jimmy Cliff

Cooldown:
Pretty In Pink - Psychedelic Furs

Anger is an energy. Indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.