Sunday, January 22, 2012

My goal is moving near.


Week 1 Total: 22 miles

Distance: 3 miles
Route: To Green Rd. and back.

As the effects of global climate change become increasingly evident, sudden mid-winter spikes in temperature lead to terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad gusts of WIND.

Temperature: 41º
Climate: Bright sun, snowy & slushy pavement.
Weight: 179 lbs.
Lunch: Tuna mac & cheese w/lima beans.
Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes

One week into 18 weeks of training, I have stopped wheezing, breathe much easier, and lost one pound. My knees were sore this morning after yesterday's eight mile run, but they feel fine now and I haven't even taken any pain relievers. My shins feel strong. I have been hydrating, eating well (okay, last night was a but indulgent) and this weekend I was able to catch up on some well-needed rest.

It will be a challenging week. Many reports due at the end of the month, and outreach tour rehearsals begin on Wednesday. The weather suggests above-freeing temps all this week, which is a blessing because it means the sidewalks will clear up. Running in the street before dawn is simply out. No run tomorrow.

1981 Playlist
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone) - Chilliwack
Hold On Tight - Electric Light Orchestra
TV Party - Black Flag
Primary - The Cure
Working In The Coal Mine (159 bpm) - Devo
Lovers' Walk - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
We Got the Beat - The Go-Go's
Sat In Your Lap - Kate Bush

Cooldown:
Super Freak - Rick James

Lovers trip. Lovers stumble.

No comments: