Friday, May 15, 2015

I'll only run and hide.

This morning's writing prompt - Would you die for someone? If so, who? - seems particularly horrid and naïve, this morning in particular.

What does it mean, to die for someone? To take their place, to die instead of them at some calamitous point in personal history? Then sure, whatever, no real risk in suggesting I would do so, or even could, because you can't. What is the point of this mental exercise other than to make one feel like a great, self-sacrificing person. I would die for my children, good for me. Who wouldn't?

Expanding on that thought, however, fills me with dread. It is a limitation as a writer, I do not choose to live in those places. There's no reward from it, because I can obsessively roll horrible thoughts in my head, and come to a place of complete inertia.

Yesterday I did confront a fear. It's not often you can say that. It was very challenging, it almost made me cry, and yet I persevered and for a change, I was rewarded. Good for me, good for everyone involved. I passed. I almost felt mature.

Temperature: 55°
Distance: 3.36 miles
Avg Pace: 7.47
Climate: cool and humid

My pace for the final block was about 5.45. I do not wish to have a heart attack, but it feels really good to fly like that. Feeling the way I do today, I am not worried, at least not about that.

I will revisit my doctor in three weeks, for a reevaluation of my blood sugar and other levels.

One month from today I begin marathon training. Looking forward to that.

Weight: 158 lbs.
From Goal: -2.0

Spotify gives me ads for big box hardware stores and the Cleveland Clinic. This is what I get for recording my age and gender.  And yes, I am still working with Spotify.

What's On Daddy's iPhone?
Who Can It Be Now? - Men At Work

No comments: