Sunday, May 17, 2015

My fingers keep on clicking to the beating of my heart.

Today's prompt concerns the possibility of change. Transformation has been announced as the theme for CPT's annual benefit. This weekend I attended an educational workshop surrounding a production of The Tempest performed for and with kids on the spectrum. Tonight is the series finale of Mad Men, a program many have expressed frustration with for its characters inability to change.

What is change? Who ever really changes? Have I ever changed, or aren't I the same person I was when I was ten?

Oh, and the boy turns ten tomorrow. Plus ça change.

The house outside reflects the house inside, the grass has grown as high as the laundry. There are great plans afoot, for all, for this summer, yet I am so weary today I cannot make sense of what needs to happen, and how, or for God's sake when.

Temperature: 81°
Distance: 4.06 miles
Avg Pace: 8.05
Climate: hot, bright & humid

Hot run! Might have brought a water bottle, took a big long water break in Cain Park. Can't imagine running a marathon today, my heartfelt congratulations to all who ran the west side race!

Weight: 159 lbs.
From Goal: -1.0

What's On Daddy's iPhone?
Numb * - Portishead
Jungle Drum - Emilíana Torrini

No comments: