Friday, September 11, 2015

Better angels.

On your left.
One thing I neglected to note yesterday was how pleasant it was to run in the dark in temperatures in the mid-60s. Delightful, really.

Also, last week Fil asked about shoes. His were past their freshness date, but he has a long race coming up and should he continue to wear them through the race or get new ones?

People had all kinds of opinions, but as I normally ask in any given situation, "How does this affect me?" I checked and realized my shoes are well over a hundred miles past their limit.

Distance: 6 miles
Duration: 48:23
Avg Pace: 8:03
Route: South Euclid Loop

Radio 360: American Icons: The Lincoln Memorial

The idea of listening to podcasts is not necessarily inspiring. However, often I find them useful. Certainly downloading them means I am not streaming data, which helps with our cell plan. But I also run briskly while listening to them, and I feel as though I stand straighter. Today's episode concluded just as I was rounding the last bend and as I walked the last few yards I felt taller. Perhaps I was inspired by the man himself.
Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
- Song of Solomon 8:6
Temperature: 57°
Climate: cool
Weight: 155.5 lbs.
Intake: banana
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: no
Stretches: yoga (10 min.)
Upper Body: 80 reps

No comments: