Thursday, September 10, 2015

You've always got further to go.

Do you remember the time?
Not enough upper body work. Progress I made during the summer has run slack. It's not something I generally think about, but the strap for my iPhone is not supposed to wrap around my triceps two times.

Leaning towards demoralized. Been training since, I don't know, the beginning of the year, it seems. March, anyway. Not the official start of training, just when I started working out. Losing the weight.

But there have been moments of great beauty and wonder and satisfaction ... and they are not longer happening. I am tired. I am rushed. It doesn't feel good.

Distance: 8 miles
Duration: 1:05:49
Avg Pace: 8:13
Route: South Euclid Loop

Last night we had our final rehearsal for a brief scene we are creating for CPT's annual benefit, Pandemonium which will be held this Saturday night. The work continues. A good boy, I was asleep by ten,

Tiresias Riddles The Fates
This morning I rose at 4 AM, earlier to allow time for all the necessaries and perhaps even to get my prescribed eight miles in.

Temperature: 66°
Climate: humid, clear
Weight: 157 lbs.
Intake: yogurt, banana & granola
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: no
Stretches: yoga (10 min.)
Upper Body: 70 reps

Two things. One, that was a perfectly timed run. It felt great, the entire way. Yes, I could have used water, but it wasn't an issue, I felt great. Little traffic, cool air, gradual inclines, awesome, laid back, alt-rock, 1980s playlist.

Two, I have a play. It has two scenes. It needs a third scene. I just figured what happens during the third scene. This is running at its finest.

What's That Lyric?
Quiet Heart - The Go-Betweens

No comments: