Sunday, September 13, 2015

Better move now.

Tiresias Riddles The Fates
Here's the story, I eked it out the last two days of the week, rising at 4:00 AM to run eight and six miles. On Saturday I had an early rehearsal, then needed to prepare for an evening event. Should I go out into the rain to run four hours because the calendar said I had to? Or just sit tight and run the last twenty miles on Sunday, and be done with it?

For real. What would you do? I had costumes to iron.

But then, there was the Saturday night thing. The entire day, really, Rain and action and excitement and highs and, well, only highs, really. The boy played better than he ever has in a rock set of Joan Jett songs at the Beachland Ballroom, then the girl and I joined the company at CPT for Pandemonium in a downpour, and still had an amazing time.

I woke feeling absolutely wrecked. No way. Not twenty miles. No time, no energy.

And you know what? I don't care. I got this. I have been working up to this weekend for a month, my time is free my brain is clear, my early morning runs this past week have been surprisingly enjoyable, and it is time for tapering and tapering I will do. No second twenty miles run, that will wait for October 4.

Because I know what I am doing.

Distance: 3 miles
Duration: 23:52
Avg Pace: 7:56
Route: Boulevard Loop
Joan Jett set at Beachland Ballroom
Middle-aged men in Lycra ‘are a turn-off for new cyclists’
 Lycra-clad “weekend warriors” are deterring new cyclists from the sport- Evening Standard (UK)

This makes me sad. Because I am middle-aged. Question: Should I wear the skin-tight Captain America shirt for the marathon? Or does that thing just look embarrassing on me?

Week Thirteen Total: 22 miles
Training To Date: 403 miles

Temperature: 61°
Weight: 159.5 lbs.
Intake: bangers & mash
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: no
Stretches: no

What's That Lyric?
Move Now - Marshall Crenshaw

No comments: