Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Making plans (for David.)

You ever have one of those nights when every creak keeps you awake? Yeah. Maybe four hours of sleep. Ridiculous.

Distance: 2.17 miles
Duration: 18:31
Avg Pace: 8:32
Route: Up the road and back.

This is the thing. If I am going to run eight miles, say, 4:30 isn't actually early enough. Because I have to leave the house no later than 5:00 AM in order to return by 6:00 AM. I have to return no later than six because that is when the children wake up and I have to be part of that process.

That means drinking water, eating some kind of breakfast, drinking coffee, suiting up and stretching. And also that one other thing. If I do not do that one other thing in the house, I will need to do it in a bush, say, or an available port-o-john.

I did go to the bathroom when I woke up. But just because it's 5:05 and you haven't left yet, doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. Because since you woke up you had the coffee.

So, anyway, no disaster, except for the waking up at 4:30 so you can run one mile out and back, instead of eight.

Temperature: 75°
Climate: humid
Weight: 157.5 lbs.
Intake: yogurt & granola
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: no
Stretches: yoga (5 min.)

Also, I hit my head on a thick, low-hanging branch while running on the sidewalk in the dark. Other people hit their head all the time. Bald people get to have a visible scab that shows everyone how uncoordinated they are.

No comments: