Sunday, September 20, 2015

Put my spine out of place.

My back has been acting up, not sure what to do about that, except to remember not to pick anything up. I have gotten pretty good about asking other people to pick things up, in general, and I feel entirely justified in doing so.

Today's long run was surprisingly difficult. Trying not to let it affect me mentally, just push on. But just the other day I was sharing with someone at work how my back doesn't bother me any more, and now it does.

Distance: 14 miles
Duration: 1:54:44
Avg Pace: 8:11
Route: University Circle Loop

Week Fourteen Total: 33 miles
Training To Date: 436 miles

Again with the right knee. Started freezing up in mile eleven. Warmed out of it but never felt as good again. That was after two steep inclines, first Little Italy and then Cain Park.

Right now I feel tired and hungry. Time to shower, take anti-inflammatory pain reliever and wrap that knee. There is a finish line ahead of me, but I haven't reached the starting gate yet.

These are not metaphors, I am talking about a literal starting gate and finish line.

Temperature: 59° → 61°
Climate: cool and sunny
Weight: 157.5 lbs.
Intake: fruit yogurt & grape nuts
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: yes (2x)
Stretches: yoga (10 min.)
Upper Body: 82 reps

What's That Lyric?
Suffragette City - David Bowie

No comments: