Sunday, September 06, 2015

You gotta try a little harder.

This week. Not a bad week, certainly not. But it has been taxing on the mental front. It would have been a long week regardless, as we have begun rehearsals for the residency program. But I also needed to complete the first draft of the outreach touring script by Tuesday, which I did. 

But this script, thinking of this script, has kept me from thinking of much else all summer. I certainly haven't been writing anything else, because any time I thought to, I would immediately feel regret and decide I really should be writing the tour script (which I was not really doing.)

This left a good three days to bear down and put the finishing touches on a grant application that was due Friday night at midnight.

So here we are. Those deadlines have passed, I accomplished my goals, and I am still here. And I do feel much, much more relaxed. Thank you.

I get to work with these people.
Distance: 10 miles
Duration: 1:21:55
Avg Pace: 8:11
Route: Uptown Loop

However, the running thing. Am I still training for a marathon? The other big new thing is that the kids started school on Monday, and that has kind of thrown me off a little bit. I have been running evenings. Friday was legitimately a day off, but not yesterday, which I chose to skip altogether.

Because I was at work from 9 in the morning until 9 at night. Because that.

Temperature: 84
Climate: bright, hot, sweaty
Weight: 157 lbs.
Intake: granola, yogurt & banana
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: no
Stretches: yoga (15 min.)

Hot, late morning run. Still in it. Lots of end of summer action, like a great all-year Shaw High School reunion going on in Forest Hills Park. Heading through Lakeview Cemetery I must report that yes, they now do have signage clearly stating you may not ride your bike through that park. Oh, well.

I have tried to reduce the amount of steep or continual climbing on my long runs, and so I have not been heading down to MLK as much as I have in training periods past. That just means I have been more enjoying my own neighborhood, Forest Hills, the side streets of Cleveland Heights, and so on.

I did come back up Little Italy, and did very well though it was exhausting. I headed up Lee towards Cain Park to take a water break - and then I remembered that hill and decided against it. So no water break. I must be sure to drink even more now than I already have.

Week Twelve Total: 26 miles
Training To Date: 381 miles

DID YOU KNOW ..? A ball cap with the brim turned to the front does an excellent job of keeping the sun out of your eyes.

What's That Lyric?
Comeback Kid - Sleigh Bells

James Murphy validates my entire Generation-X life choice. James Murphy is my personal Messiah.

No comments: