Saturday, May 21, 2016

All I want is to forget how old I am.

Because fuck you.
Once again, I made a personal best, and under such oppressive conditions. How is this even possible? I mean, it's not Olympic, but I am how old I am. I have been running with regularity since 1998, and I keep doing better.

And I am depressed, for two reasons. One, I fear this could be it. I thought that in Minnesota, I am thinking it again. When do I do less better? How will that hit me?

In addition, what if I had started earlier? Why did I not go out for track when I was in eighth grade, or entering high school? Why marching band, why not something original, exciting, new, and uniquely my own?

The extent to which athletics was considered a non-possibility in my house when growing up makes me very sad.

Distance: 3 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop

New shoes! Josh got some Asics and they don't work for him, so I am the benefactor. A little snug, on the smaller side of 10.5, but after one run they loosened up a bit. We'll see if they work out for me.

Thanks, Josh!

Temperature: 61°
Climate: warm!
Weight: 163.5 lbs.
Mood: good

Didn't run since the half. No time, too much going on. End of the school year affects my home life and work life, and there are so many places I have to be. And that's good.

But for a recovery run, it was pretty fast, free and fun. No goals right now, no timing my run, just listening to my body as I move through space.

Spring 2016 Playlist
2AM  - Bear Hands
Soundcheck - Catfish and the Bottlemen
I Know You Got Soul - Eric B. & Rakim
The Only One I Know - The Charlatans
Crown On The Ground - Sleigh Bells

Warmdown
Water - Ra Ra Riot

Dude thinks he's Annie Lennox. That's cool.

No comments: