Sunday, May 29, 2016

Skill with the quill.

Goose quill.
New label: Albums For Running. Sometimes my playlist is all or part of an album, and I comment on that. Why this album. So I wanted to make these not-reviews easier to find. Not sure I've tagged them all yet.

No seriously, waking up with a headache on a weekend is so totally not fair. This morning I got up earlier than I might have, because I knew any further rest was pointless. Headed onto the deck with a notepad and the Times. Writing made my head hurt, reading was a distraction.

Sitting on the deck, writing, or trying to write. Like in the winter, heading downstairs to sit in front of the fire. New fireplace, new deck. We have created sites for living, and we use them. The house I bought kept getting smaller, and now we're making it bigger. It's like a new world of home ownership.

Boy Bike/Run
Distance: 3.6 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 77°
Climate: overcast & hot
Weight: 164 lbs.
Mood: uncertain

First boy bike/run of the season. He asks which I prefer, running to music or running with him. I didn't immediately say, "oh, running with you, son," because I thought that would sound disingenuous. I told him the differences, but emphasized how I like to have him to talk to and how much fun it is to be with someone and observe things.

So, yeah. I made it clear I'd rather run with him.

Though we had made long runs together went I was training last fall, this is the first time we went into Forest Hills together, and I was able to show him all the things I get to see when I run there. The goslings are now in their "late-teens," still golden and smaller than adults, but with those long, goofy necks.

How do you feel, I ask. "I feel good," he says. "We should do this more."

We will. I promise we will.

No comments: