Saturday, May 28, 2016

There's a part of me hoping it's true.

National Junior Honor Society
End of year means celebration.
Staying up late in our tiny TV room to watch not only the Cavs but also the Western Conference Finals  has become a thing and as a result we are all exhausted, exhilarated, and talking a lot about basketball. Primarily, however, we are all exhausted.

Now that summer weather has settled in, deciding when to run and how will be a thing. The Cavs took the Eastern Conference last night, and it was a nail-biter (well, they said it was a nail-biter, we were actually in the lead the entire game) and so we got to bed by midnight and rose at a relaxing eight in the morning. So the sun is out, and it is hot already. If I run now, I may exhaust myself for the day.

But who cares, right? Gotta run.

Distance: 3 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop

I ache. Started in my chest (chest pains? no.) and then my neck seized up, and it ran through my shoulders. It's kind of a drag.

Hot weather, suddenly the part of my brain which dictates music wants modern disco. What does that signify?

Temperature: 79°
Climate: hot!
Weight: 164.5 lbs.
Mood: positive

Over and Over Playlist
Over and Over - Hot Chip
Past In Present * - Feist
In the Morning - Junior Boys
Dance Yrself Clean - LCD Soundsystem

In The Morning will always remind me of my last solo weekend in Chicago. Good lord, that was almost nine years ago. Ran the Lakeshore Trail, it's a beautiful urban run. Would that we had something like that, a long trail in the heart of the city. I mean, we do, but it's right next to the highway, there's no beach-like buffer between the lake and the city.

The song also makes me feel positive, forward-thinking. Something was about to happen at that time, was happening, is still happening. It is a slow revolution, but it continues to move within me.

Warmdown 
The Lovecats * - The Cure

No comments: