Friday, August 19, 2016

All this running around.

This is me.
At least my weight has normalized at 170 lbs. I have gained or lost any weight for several days. If I can just for example not eat a big ass piece of cake at lunch, I may actually make some progress.

Distance: 3.58 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 84°
Climate: rain & bright hot sun
Weight: 170 lbs.
Goal: 160 lbs.
Mood: anxious

On this date, ten years ago, I ran fifteen miles, training for the New York Marathon. It was my first trip all the way down MLK Jr. Drive to the highway and back. Every run that summer was a new discovery, not all of them good. Check out the playlist, a salute to the early 90s.

Felt a bit winded on my way home today, shouldn't be too surprising. Stepping out it started to rain, and it became heavy rain but that was all right, because it was hat and I hat a hat to keep the rain out of my eyes.

By the time I reached the park, the clouds had gone but I could hear thunder back the way I had come. My wife worried about me out here, but I was never beneath the thunder. Then it became quite hot and sunny. So I had been chugging at a pretty brisk pace in the rain, and then I was pretty tired.

Last night we attended a dinner party with a small number of he wife's writing and teaching friends and the subject got to running, who enjoys it, who hates it, who does it regardless, and me, the freak. But it was decided (not by me) to find a 5K some time this fall for all of us, or at least most of us the participate in.

Ship To Wreck Playlist
Ship To Wreck - Florence + The Machine
I'm Only Joking - KONGOS
Let It Happen - Tame Impala
Animal - Ellie Goulding
Happy Idiot - TV on the Radio
The Mother We Share * - CHVRCHES
Birth In Reverse * - St. Vincent

No comments: