Wednesday, April 12, 2023

I'll try to be your forever man.

Phone strap already falling apart. Not even one year. Everything is crap.

The guy woke up too early this morning, not remembering it's a late start. So why not run? He only wanted to do one mile, which turned out great for me, because he got my heart racing with a fast lap around the block, and then I went to the park for an extended run. Five miles! Just as well, because 1985 is one of my very longest playlists.

Distance: 5 miles
Duration: 47:34
Pace: 9:30
Route: one time around the block + extended Forest Hill loop
Temperature: 60°
Climate: perfect
Mood: excellent
 
1985 Playlist
One Vision - Queen
When All's Well - Everything But the Girl
Silent Running - Mike + the Mechanics
Broken Wings - Mister Mister
Another Generation - Fishbone
Raspberry Beret - Prince
Forever Man - Eric Clapton
Tarzan Boy - Baltimora
Sinking - The Cure
How to Be a Millionaire - ABC
Fire in the Twilight*  - Wang Chung

Last year I didn't finish the year runs until Father's Day. I'm already seeing the conclusion. At that time, I had also dropped to 179 lbs., but then I almost lost sight in one eye, had a period of recuperation, and soon gained it all back.

I am trying to maintain the mildness of March. Did not drink a lot in Athens, not comparatively. Nothing last night, no drinking school nights. Keep going.

What was 1985? I thought I would be an actor. Damn Yankees. Directing Living Together. All Thespians, all the time. And marching band. And fooling around, a lot. And really, really depressed. And having the time of my life. It's pretty amazing, being seventeen.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Upper body: 5 rep.
Water: yes

Really. It's okay not to run every single day. It's all right. Let yourself rest.

Tuesday
Breakfast: raisin bran w/fresh kiwi, strawberry & banana, oatmilk
Coffee Break: latte w/oatmilk, two Tagalongs
Lunch: mac & cheese & peas, banana
Snack: lil Pepsi, dried fruit & nuts
Dinner: ramen w/chicken  fried egg, carrot, cabbage, cucumber, scallions, sweet pepper

Sometimes I fantasize about breakfast.

Wednesday
Breakfast: coffee w/cream, fruit smoothie bowl w/fresh mango, raspberry & blueberry, granola & honey
Coffee Break: latte w/oatmilke, two Tagalongs
Lunch: baba & pita, spinach pie
Dinner: big ass burrito half (can't even articulate what's in it), tortilla chips, fizzy water

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 182 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 180 lbs.

No comments: