Friday, April 28, 2023

Kiss me while the world decays.


Friends and neighbors ... 58* Playlists for 57 Years (1967-2023).

2023 Playlist - or - "Fuse" by Everything But the Girl
Nothing Left to Lose
Run a Red Light (164 bpm)
Caution to the Wind
When You Mess Up
Time and Time Again
No One Knows We're Dancing
Lost
Forever
Interior Space
Karaoke (160 bpm)

Hilarious. I did 1968 twice. No idea how that happened. 

And none of you told me.

What is 2023? Our youngest child will graduate from high school. I achieve a Masters degree. The eldest spent a semester in Costa Rica. My wife is the happiest she has ever been, working in a bookstore. What will the rest of the year bring? No idea. Being hopeful is tinged with fear, knowing it can all come so swiftly to a screeching halt. We will do our best to look forward.

Since the pandemic, I have been developing sties with disheartening regularity. My left lid has been red and swollen for two weeks. It even healed for a bit and then regained strength. This had never been a problem for me before and now it's part of my existence. Sigh.

I begin with anxiety. There are many reasons for this. Because it's later than I hoped to get out. Because it is raining a little, and I hope it will not rain more. Because of writing. Because of not writing. Because of professional uncertainty, that's vague enough. And because I am about to listen to the entirety of a new album from an act I love who have not recorded new music since I was thirty years old and I hope it goes well. 

The entire album is only thirty-five minutes long. Perfect for a run through the park.

Fuse (2023)
"I lost my mother / then I just lost it."

fuse fuze / (fjuːz) /
n. device by which an explosive charge is ignited
v. to become united


Oh, Tracey and Ben. I have missed you very much.

Distance: 3.8 miles
Duration: 35:34
Pace: 9:20
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 54°
Climate: light rain
Pavement: wet
Mood: much better
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 
Upper body: 10 reps.
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, Haribo Starmix (well?)
Coffee Break: latte w/oatmilk
Lunch: nigiri & roll sushi, salad
Treat: more Starmix, banana, Twizzlers (Jesus)
Dinner: lemon chicken, bok choy over rice, scallion pancake

Oh my God, this woman handed me a dozen fun size Twizzlers and I ate them. I have had so much sugar today. Total backslide. Damn.

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 177.5 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

What's next?

No comments: