Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Playing with fire ... and not getting burned.

Christ, I am sick of cold weather. I'm just done. I need a gym membership or something, because I am not going out in the bleak and damp anymore.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 31:01
Pace: 10:01
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 43°
Climate: overcast & cool
Pavement: dry
Mood: good -- now

And yet. Feeling listless, adrift and sore. we head out into the cold. Tomorrow is more promising.

1994 Playlist
I Don't Understand Anything - Everything But the Girl
Supernova - Liz Phair
Stay (I Missed You) - Lisa Loeb
Prayer for the Dying - Seal
B-Boya Makin' With the Freak Freak - Beastie Boys
My Name Is Jonas - Weezer
Welcome to Paradise - Green Day
Here Come the Hotstepper - Ini Kamoze

And for our efforts, we are rewarded. I feel energized, the rest of the day looks bright, in spite of the clouds. Seriously, I take a day in between to rest and it feels to me as though it's been a week. Keep it up, even when the year runs are over, and you might make something of yourself.

What was 1994? Like the man said (though he wouldn't say it for a few years), "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." Guerrilla fell apart. My marriage fell apart. The most significant relationship in my life took a new direction. And here we are.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec. (2x)
Upper body: 6 reps
Water: yes

Monday
Breakfast: coffee w/cream
Coffee Break: latte w/oatmilk 
Lunch: Buffalo chicken salad wrap, potato chips
Treat: 2 Tagalongs
Happy Hour: Beck's NA
Dinner: egg & tomato stir fry w/rice, roasted asparagus

Tuesday
Breakfast: coffee w/cream, raisin bran w/fresh banana, raspberries, strawberries, oatmilk
Coffee Break: latte w/oatmilk, 2 Tagalongs
Lunch: buffalo chicken salad wrap, chips
Dinner: steak w/red wine reduction (the boy made that), frozen tater tots (I made those)

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 181.5 lbs. (+2.0) 
Goal: 175 lbs.

No comments: