Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Mir ist schon ganz heiß.

Matthias & Pengo
So 80s. Totally New Wave. Totally.
My left knee hurts most of the time. I have a bandage on that. My shins feel better. Got decent sleep last night. That's all it takes man. eight hours, it makes all the difference. If I could just keep that up for the rest of my life, I'm good.

Lots of stuff going on, in my head. Writing I am struggling with

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 37:04
Pace: 9:16
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 42°
Climate: partly cloudy & cool
Mood: good

1983 Playlist
Nur geträumt - Nena
Der Kommissar  - Falco
I Love You - Yello
Mr. Pink Eyes - The Cure
Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes (a Trevor Horn side project)
Big Log - Robert Plant
Beat Box - The Art of Noise (another Trevor Horn side project)
Tell Her About It - Billy Joel
Buffalo Gals - Malcolm McLaren
Church of the Poison Mind - Culture Club

My playlists for the years 1983 and 1984 are far and away the longest, with nearly nineteen hours of music on both lists. Why are these two years so important to me? Because I was fifteen, sixteen years old? Because upbeat dance music was particularly popular, there was more of it?

Maybe it was Trevor Horn.

What was 1983? MTV and compulsive masturbation. Started smoking weed. AFS dance party on our driveway. Serious FOMO. There were Germans in our house, the Cold War was in high dudgeon. Europe never felt so close.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: no
Upper body: no
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream
Coffee Break: lavender bergamot tea latte
Lunch: Monday's pizza (1 slice), salad, blue cheese dressing
Snack: apple
Happy Hour: Manhattan (2x), chèvre board
Snack: flavored almonds
Dinner: chili over spaghetti w/cheddar & yogurt

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 178.5 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

No comments: