Thursday, April 27, 2023

Son of a gun.

Man. Looking over from when I started this blog. I had plantar warts. Those plagued me for the better part of five years. That was horrible. Thought those would last forever.

Then shin splints. I was told those would also never go away. But they do. The body has a tremendous capacity for change, for healing.

No, two drinks last night was not necessary. Not advisable.

Distance: 1 mile 
Pace: 9:08
Route: one time round the block
Temperature: 45°
Climate: sunny & cool
Mood: good

1973 Playlist
Can the Can - Suzi Quatro
You're So Vain - Carly Simon
 
I think I figured it out, why I choose lists from the early 70s or late 60s for short runs. The music is excellent, to be sure. But they do not inspire nostalgia, I have no memories associated with them. So they are just music, and not memory. 

Spotify not being helpful with my this morning, so I found a "1973 Number Ones" mix on YouTube, and found two new songs to add to my lists ("You're So Vain" was released in 1972).

What will be on my final playlist of this cycle, the one for the year 2023?
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Upper body: 10 reps. (4x) 
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, granola & vanilla yogurt w/fresh mango, strawberries & banana 
Lunch: chili & cheese over pasta w/yogurt
Snack; apple
Dinner: leftover apple sausage pasta
Treat: one scoop chocolate chip ice cream, 1 Thin Mint, popcorn

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 178.5 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 175 lbs.

No comments: