Tuesday, January 17, 2017

All my failings exposed.

When it is late afternoon, and when you are tired, which is better, to nap or run? Sometimes a run substitutes for a nap, keeps my blood pumping, I feel bright-eyed, alert, ready to handle the rest of my waking hours and then, hopefully, sleep better for it.

This evening, however, coming home from work - with temps in the low-50s - the desire to rest, for a few minutes, was very strong. This is what comes from sitting, sitting and typing and staring into a screen.

For ten minutes I went to a far off place, but I came back again, too. And then I was ready to run.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 48°
Gear: shorts, long-sleeves no gloves
Climate: cool
Mood: good

Brisk run, legs free, not cold - not raining, either, it was raining earlier. Feeling depressed before, feeling motivated there are things to do.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 171 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

Yesterday's abuses are evident. It is disheartening.

1980 Playlist
Cows - The Suburbs
When You Were Mine - Prince
You Make My Dreams Come True * - Hall & Oates
Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus
Whine & Grind/Stand Down Margaret * - The Beat
Any Way You Want It - Journey
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division

No comments: