Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Self-sufficience please, and get to work.

Let me spell out my name.
Twenty runs in January. A tie! Why run so much? Fear? Anxiety? Because the weather has been mostly good, probably.

Kids have school off again today, while I must get to the office. Tour rehearsals have begun, and there is much catching up to do.

Distance: 2.75 miles
Avg. Pace: 9:04
Duration: 24:56
Route: Neighborhood Run

This report is deceptive. There are banks of unshoveled snow, the first part of my run was like something out of Rocky, picking my knees up to my waist. I was pretty sure I would keep this to one lap, but once I was off the main boulevard I ran in the street and decided I could run the neighborhood streets until I was satisfied.

Pavement: like ice cream
Temperature: 27°
Climate: cold & snow
Mood: determined

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 167.5 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

1995 Playlist
Underground - Ben Folds Five
Army of Me - Bjork
Gerbil * - Filter
Les Ailes - Khaled
Alice Childress - Ben Folds Five
Geek Stink Breath - Green Day
Car Song - Elastica

Ben Folds. Elder statesman, like the Alex Chilton of the Millennial Generation. I don't know what to say about that.

No comments: